As per MCAs recent announcement, any director who was allotted a DIN by or on 31 March 2018 and whose DIN is in approved status, will have to submit his KYC details to the MCA. Further, this procedure is mandatory for the disqualified directors too.
For Financial year 2019-20 onwards – Every Director who has been allotted DIN on or before the end of the financial year, and whose DIN status is ‘Approved’, would be mandatorily required to file form DIR-3 KYC before 30th April of the immediately next financial year.
After expiry of the respective due dates, system will mark all non-compliant DINs against which DIR-3 KYC form has not been filed as ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’.
DIN holders of DINs marked as ‘Deactivated’ due to non-filing of DIR-3KYC/DIR-3 KYC-Web and those Companies whose compliance status has been marked as “ACTIVE non-compliant” due to non-filing of Active Company Tagging Identities and Verification(ACTIVE) eform are encouraged to become compliant once again in pursuance of the General Circular No. 11 dated 24th March, 2020 & General Circular No.12 dated 30th March 2020 and file DIR-3KYC or DIR-3KYC-Web or ACTIVE as the case may be between 1st April, 2020 to 30th September, 2020 without any filing fee of INR 5000 or INR 10000 respectively.
Form DIR-3 KYC, if filed within the due date of the respective financial year, no fee is payable. However, if filed after the due date, for DIN status ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ a fee of Rs.500 shall be payable from 21st September to 05th October 2018 (Both days inclusive). From 06th October onwards a Fee of Rs.5000 (Rupees Five Thousand Only) becomes payable.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILL THE FORM DIR-3
- Name (as per PAN database),
- Father’s Name (as per PAN database),
- “Date of Birth (DOB)” (as per PAN database),
- PAN Number (mandatory for citizens of India),
- Personal Mobile number,
- Personal Email Address and
- Permanent/ Present address.
- Digital signature of the individual.
- Above mentioned documents should be attested with a CA OR CS or cost accountant.
- A declaration has to be provided by the applicant duly attested by practicing professionals.
Further, Aadhaar is mandatory, if it is assigned. If not, then Voter ID or Passport or Driving License shall be attached. Accordingly, copy of any one of the above selected information is to be attached.
STEPS TO FILE
- Download the form from the website of MCA
- Provide DIN details in the KYC form for detection of status of DIN, whether it is approved or not.
- Enter relevant details in the form like name and other relevant credentials
- Declare your nationality
- Declaration of age
- Verification of PAN from the site
- Update contact details
- OTP verifications
Note: An OTP will be successfully sent to the mobile number and email ID against one form for a maximum of 10 times per day and twice in a span of 30 minutes.
Documents need to attached
The applicant must upload the earlier mentioned documents. Make sure to get these forms attested too before uploading
What is the process after submission of the form?
Upon the successful submission of the E-Form DIR-3 KYC, an SRN will be generated for the user. This SRN will be used for future correspondence with the MCA.
An email with the approval for the receipt of the form will be sent to the personal email ID of the applicant.