Income Tax form 10G
(See rule 11AA)
Application for grant of approval or continuance thereof to institution or fund
Under section 80G (5) (VI) of the Income-tax Act, 1961
- Name of the Institution / Fund (in black letters)
- Address of the registered office of the institution/fund
- Legal status:
[Please specify whether the institution/fund is-
(i) Constituted a public charitable trust,
(ii) Registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) or under any law corresponding to that Act in force in any part of India,
(iii) Registered under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956)
(iv) a University established by law,
(v) Any other educational institution recognized by the Government or by any University established by law
Or affiliated to any University established by law,
(vi) an institution wholly or partly financed by the Government or a local authority,
(vii) An institution established with the object of controlling, supervising, regulating or encouraging games or sports and is approved for this purpose under section 10(23), or,
(viii) A Regimental Fund or Non-Public Fund established by the armed forces of the Union for the welfare of past or present members of such forces or their dependants.]
- Objects of the institution / fund and geographical area over which its activities are undertaken:
- Names and addresses of trustees / office-bearers of the institution or fund:
- (i) If registered under section 12A (a) of the Income-tax Act, the registration number and
Date of registration.
(ii) If notified under section 10(23) or under section 10(23c) of the Income-tax Act, the details thereof.
(iii) If responses to (i) and (ii) are negative, whether any application for the same has been filed? If
Yes, enclose a copy of the same.
- (a) Period of last approval, if any, please enclose a copy of the approval.
(b) If any change in the aims and objects and the rules and regulations have been made since the
Last approval, the details thereof.
- Assessment Particulars:
(a) Ward/Circle where assessed and permanent account number/GIR number
(b) Is the income exempt under sections 10(22), 10(22A), 10(23), 10(23AA), 10(23C) or 11?
(c) Whether any arrears of taxes are outstanding? If so give reasons.
- Amount accumulated for the purposes mentioned in item (4) above.
- (i) Details of modes in which the funds are invested or deposited, showing the nature, value and
Income from the investment.
(ii) Whether any funds have not been invested in the modes specified in section 11(5)?
11. (i) Is the institution/fund carrying on any business? If yes, give details.
(ii) Is the business incidental to the attainment of its objects?
- Details of nature, quantity and value of contributions, (other than cash) and the manner in which
Such contributions have been utilized.
- Details of shares, security or other property purchased by or on behalf of the trust from any
interested person as specified in sub-section (3) of section 13.
- Whether any part of the income or any property of the association was used or applied in a manner which results directly or indirectly in conferring any benefit, amenity or perquisite (whether converted into money or not), on any interested person as specified in sub-section(3) of section 13?
If so, details thereof.
I certify that the information furnished above is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I undertake to communicate forthwith any alteration in terms or in the rules governing the institution/fund made at any time hereafter.
The application form (in triplicate) should be sent to the Commissioner of Income-Tax having jurisdiction over the institution or fund along with the following documents:
(i) Copy of registration granted under section 12 A or copy of notification issued under section 10(23) or section 10(23C),
(ii) Notes on activities of institution or fund since its inception or during the last three years, whichever is less,
(iii) Copies of accounts of the institution or fund since its inception or during the last three years, whichever is less.